Friday, March 25, 2011

Basketball/Football in the same blog?!?!

That's right. This has been the busiest week of mine in recent memory. At least, the type of week where I actually can/have to do other stuff at work. But, next week I should be back in full swing with college football reporting, and a preview of the final four.

As far as this past week goes though, a few random thoughts:

Arizona played the best half of basketball I've seen all year last night. They didn't just beat Duke, they destroyed them. They made Duke look like a high school team. They ran them up and down the floor, they got every offensive rebound, and they dunked all over them.....

Hold on, I just got a tweet from Rotoworld. Braden Looper announced his retirement. In 12 years, he was 69-64, with a 4.46 ERA. He won Bronze on the 1996 US Mens Olympic team. This is probably more info about Looper you probably ever knew, or hoped to know. According to wikipedia, he lives in Palos Heights, IL (shout out..)

Kentucky has the potential to beat Ohio State tonight. With all due respect to the Big10, Kentucky is the most athletic team OSU has played all year. The emergence of Harrelson will be interesting - can he neutralize Sullinger? Both KNight and Jones have been awesome for UK.

The more I read about Alabama, the more I like about them. I read today that Trent Richardson, who in my mind was always better than Ingram, is 5'11", 225 lbs, runs a 10.5 100, and benches 500 lbs. In the photo of him, his deltoid looked bigger than my thigh.

You know my brain is really fucked up if I can't think of a great college football clip to show from YouTube. Instead, I'm going to give my most memorable Keith Jackson clips. A collection. Enjoy:


Heeee's Going for the Corneerrrrrrrrrr

Goooood Byeeeee! Hello Heisman!

Good Bye. This is also the most effortless, fastest 70 yard TD run I've ever seen. Downplayed even more by Keith's matter of fact, "good bye."

Alexandeerrrrrrr! Touchdown Michigan! & He Dropped IT!
This is the anti-Bo Jackson highlight, and one of the few times you actually hear Keith really raise his voice. This one, you should FF to 4:25. Or, just be a man and watch the whole thing.

I also like how in 1990, you could just run onto the opposing teams field and touch the eventual Heisman trophy winner after he drops the game winning pass. Also, I remember seeing this game on Classic, and the Michigan bookstore had made shirts for the week that read: "No.1 vs No 1," meant to be read as "Number One vs Noone." I've been looking for one of these, and would easily pay $20+ for it.

CAUGHT! TOUCHDOWN!!! Probably the only other time he raised his voice. You should obviously take note of how Stewart throws the ball 73 yards.


1981 I included this one just cause 1981 rules. And this looks like a good game - I've never seen it in its entirety.


If you have any others, please share. Obviously a similar Musburger column is forthcoming, but that will take weeks of research to compile.

No comments:

Post a Comment