Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carlos Pena & the Cubs

Great start for Pena and the Cubs. Looking to silence his critics and show that he can hit 35+ bombs in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field, AND hit more than .200, Pena has come out and gone 2 for his first 10, with 0 HRs, (but 3 Walks!) And today, he finds himself on the bench because of a strained thumb. Great start.


Overall, I'm going to hold off on a judgement of the Cubs. I had hope for them at the beginning of the year, and while Pena and Byrd are not off to great starts, I have optimism in the form of Ramirez returning to some sort of a 2004-06 run, and the youth of Castro and Cashner. I don't like how they're continuously juggling their lineup, and dont know if they want to play Baker or Barney, and have a different lead off hitter every single day. These are the type of things I woulda thought would be ironed out during Spring Training. They will certainly need to do better than go 2-2 against the likes of Pitt and Arizona, but as I said, Ill hold off judgement for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment