Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunday Recap

I'm officially beat. I was hoping to get all the conferences done, but I had to actually do other stuff today (what a rip off), so I only got through all the tournaments that are already set. A couple of things to note:

The other tournaments that are not set, I will do this same thing with them once they are ready.

The Atlantic Sun Conference has only one game left, tomorrow between South Carolina Upstate and Florida Gulf Coast. The former has secured last place, but what the Gulf Coast does has drastic effects on the seedings. So, stay tuned.

The Ivy League doesn't have a tournament. I'll keep you informed on what is going on in that league as I see fit. Right now, there are only two teams that can win it, Harvard and Princeton. Harvard hosts Princeton on Saturday. They are one back of Princeton, and lost to them already.

Impressed list of the day:

Purdue - Extremely legitimate contender for the final four. They have winners and senior leaders on their team that take over and refuse to lose certain games. Exactly what you want in March.

Washington State: In honor of this year's academy awards, I give them the "Just When I thought I was out, they pull me back in" award (hey, 67% of the movies in Godfather III's trilogy were good). I have a Washington State to win the title at 90-1 bet. I went from considering them out for good. So much so, that I forgot they were even playing Washington tonight. This Apple Cup rivalry had me so excited a month ago that I rushed home from work on a Sunday night, and intently watched Wazzu take down Wash in Pullman. Now, a month later, I was disinterested. So, they go and beat Washington in Seattle, giving Washington their first home loss, and sweeping the season series in the process. Wazzu is now an interesting team. Theyre 18-10. They host USC and UCLA to close the season. They're 8-8 in the Pac10. They can of course finish anywhere from 10-8 to 8-10, and anywhere from 4th to 7th. They have lost three times at home, so it isnt out of the realm of reasoning that UCLA or USC win up in Pullman. Despite this, they should be favored in both games. If a team goes 20-10, 10-8, in the Pac10, and has 2 wins over Washington, a win over UCLA, and perhpas most importantly, a win over Gonzaga, they have to be in, right? The win over Gonzaga theoretically puts them ahead of the Bulldogs, but losses to KState and Butler theoretically put them behind those teams. What if the Cougars played Cal in the first round of the Pac10 tourney, and won that game? Could have a team sneaking in here folks. Am I dreaming? Like I said, Just when I thought i was out, Klay Thompson and head coach Ken Bone pull me back in.




No comments:

Post a Comment